There are a lot of things to do in London, things that can't even begin to truly be accomplished in a one week period of time. Of course, I have to do the touristy things during my first trip, but I also want to blend in and truly experience London like those who live there.
So here are some of my picks for what I definitely *have* to do:
1) Tower of London
2) Westminster Abbey
3) British Museum (Is this it? They have so many museums, I get them confused. I want to go see the Rosetta Stone.)
4) British Library
5) Buckingham Palace/Clarence House/Kensington Palace (Basically, where the royals live.)
7) National Gallery
8) Trafalgar Square (Notting Hill, anyone?)
9) Downing Street (If only Hugh Grant were the prime minister ... )
10) A walking tour of "Jack the Ripper's London"
11) London Eye (If I can conquer my fear of heights)
12) Shakespeare's Globe Theater (Along with catching one of the Bard's plays in action.)
13) London Dungeon
14) Natural History Museum (I know I am no longer five years old or Ross Gellar, but I do love me some dinosaur skeletons.)
15) Madame Tussaud's
I need more thoughts/suggestions.